Every time you log into your Facebook, IG account, or read your favorite bloggers latest post you notice the new trend or makeup brush that you must get NOW.
In todays world saving is like a burden considering 8 out of 10 Americans are in debt and many have no intention of paying it off before they die.
I on the other hand despise debt and have cut up my credit cards and currently working towards paying off my mortgage. None of this comes easy and many times I have to stop myself from spending on unneccessary items to reach my goal.
Here are 6 ways to keep you from spending to reach your savings or debt-pay off goals:
- Cut up your credit cards, if you don’t have cash to buy what you want that means you don’t need it and can’t afford it.
- Check your account before you leave the house to make any purchases. This will serve as a reminder of how much you really have in your account that can be spent.
- When you find yourself getting bored find something around your home that needs to be fixed, finished, or cleaned or go locate that long to do list you’ve been ignoring and cross some things off.
- Unsubscribe from your favorite stores email list and opt out of catalogues to avoid temptation of spending.
- Read blogs on frugal lifestyles.
- Limit yourself on how often you enjoy meals outside of your home.